- Memorize your PIN (Personal Identification number) and destroy all physical evidence of the PIN.
- Register your mobile number with the bank for getting SMS alerts for your Debit Card transactions.
- Any unauthorized card transactions in the account, if observed, should be reported immediately to the Bank.
- Protect your Debit card as though it is cash and ensure safe custody.
- Check the area for suspicious-looking people before you approach the ATM. Leave the ATM immediately if you don't feel safe.
- If you notice anything suspicious or any other problem arises after you have begun an ATM transaction, you may cancel the transaction and leave.
- Beware of "Shoulder Surfing". Shield your PIN from onlookers by covering the keypad using your body while entering the PIN.
- Be sure that you have your card and your receipt, after doing the transaction, and then leave immediately.
- Once you complete your transaction, before leaving, be sure that 'Welcome Screen' is displayed on the ATM machine screen and it is scrolling.
- Periodically reconcile your account statement to ensure its correctness.
- If your Debit Card is lost or stolen, immediately hot list the Card. For hot listing the Debit Card, please call on the helpline no. 24817373 /24817563.
- Keep an eye on suspicious movements of people around ATMs. Beware of strangers trying to engage you in conversation.
- Look for extra devices attached to the ATMs. These may be put to capture your data. Inform security/bank immediately if any such device found.
Don'ts of Debit Card Operation
- Never lend your card to anyone, even to your close relative/friend or even if anyone claims to represent the Bank.
- Do not write your PIN on the Card or the back of the Card.
- Never share your PIN with anyone including a family member or Bank personnel or in response to requests through email/FAX etc.
- Never carry your PIN in your wallet or purse. Never let anyone see you input your PIN
- Never use a PIN that could be guessed easily, e.g. your birthday or telephone number.
- Never leave your card in the ATM.
- Never leave your card unattended, e.g. in the car, in a hotel room or at work or at merchant establishments.
- Do not respond to any E-mail purported to have been issued by Bank asking for your Debit Card PIN. These are called PHISHING attempts. At Bank of Baroda, we honour the trust reposed on us and will never seek personal details like PIN etc. for any purpose.
- Don't give information regarding your Debit card or PIN over the telephone to anyone.
- Never enter your PIN in any ATM that does not seem to be genuine or seems modified/has a suspicious device attached/operating in a suspicious manner.
- Don't display your cash; count the cash, keep it in your pocket safely and leave the ATM.
- Don't accept assistance from anyone or from the security guard when using an ATM.
- When disposing of old receipts and statements, don't use public waste receptacles.
Please fill in these details, so we can call you back and assist you.